Nashville Indiana Lodge #135 Free and Accepted Masons

 Significant Dates in Lodge History

Year

Event

1836 Nashville, originally known as Jacksonburg, founded.
1851 Nashville Lodge formed under dispensation with six members and applied for a charter.
1852 Lodge granted it's charter May 22, 1852, and became Nashville Lodge No. 135 F & AM.
1854

Lodge rented second floor of log building from W. S. Roberts for $35 per year, payable in advance.

1866

Lodge rented second floor of old Genolin Building, which had been an old grist mill on Salt Creek.

1875

Nashville Lodge  No 135 recommended dispensation for a lodge at Bean Blossom.

1876

William M. Waltman became first member of Bean Blossom Lodge No. 527.  Almost half the members of Nashville Lodge transferred to new body, the membership dropped from 53 to 23.

1910

Knights of Pythias and Masons joined in building a three-story brick building on Main Street.  Mason's one-fourth share was $1,500.

1921

Masons increase their share in building to a full on-half interest.

1925

Helmsburg Chapter No. 499, Order of eastern Star, received charter April 23, 1925.

1932

Bean Blossom Lodge No. 527 lost it's charter.

1954

The 33 degree was conferred on Wayne Guthrie, former Brown County resident, in a special ceremony for his years of service to Masonry.

1956

Plans began for sale of old lodge building and construction of new buildingl on Artist Drive.

1960

Construction Began on new lodge building.

1962 Cornerstone laid and new lodge building dedicated on October 20.